PowerPoint Tips and Tricks Workshop
Create better presentations with the PowerPoint survival skills and shortcut techniques you learn in this customized workshop. This technical training shows you how to put new practices to work in your presentations with the least effort and in the shortest possible time.
This session focuses on the technical aspects of PowerPoint. The agenda is shaped by the questions, challenges, and needs of the participants. Training reinforces the client organization's branding guidelines.
Upon completion of this training participants are able to:
- Make global changes using the Master Slides
- Format text and text boxes to enhance clarity
- Import and modify objects, tables, charts, and graphs
- Customize the tools and commands in the PowerPoint environment
- Add visual appeal with transitions and timings
- Use the most efficient methods to accomplish tasks in PowerPoint
- Save time with formatting and keyboard shortcuts
- Save a custom presentation for use as a basis for future presentations
- Apply dozens of shortcuts and techniques in everyday work
This PowerPoint course is designed for people who want to enhance their current knowledge and skills in Microsoft PowerPoint. Participants should have a working understanding of PowerPoint and the ability to produce a basic presentation.
Participants will be asked to submit a sample presentation which will be re- worked incorporating the principles of the class and the client's brand guidelines. Participants are encouraged to bring their laptop and their challenges!
Instructor — Nancy Hulme
Nancy Hulme is a graphic designer and Certified Microsoft PowerPoint specialist with more than 15 years experience. Nancy team-teaches some presentation skills seminars with her Zehren-Friedman colleagues, and she teaches solo courses like the one described here that focus exclusively on technical aspects of PowerPoint. Clients include Accenture, DemandTec, an IBM Company, Kirkland & Ellis, McAfee, MiniClip, RPX Rational Patent, StrongMail and Wells Fargo.